This 2 day Shearing Weekend is for those that want to learn how to harvest the reaps of their labor! Shearing is a learned skill that requires much practice. It can also cause injury to humans and animals alike, especially if you haven’t been properly trained. Learn how to shear your herd safely and you can bring 2 alpacas to be shorn!
• Learn how to shear your animals safely
• Perform shearing station setup
• Identify shearing goals
• Describe how your pasture affects your harvest
• Identify ways to get your harvest into the supply chain
• Learn accurate record keeping and more!
These sessions are hands on. Each participant can bring 2 of their alpacas to shear.
Contact Sarah for lodging information